Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A lot of beer.

This past Saturday we had a little BBQ at my apartment.

Judging by how I felt on Sunday I would say I had a really good time.

Here is some* of the beer I remember drinking.

* - These beers have been consumed in the last week and a half. Not all in one night. I would have died.

1 - Dogfish Head Festina Peche - 10/10 frosty mugs. This beer was amazing. Very refreshing. Crisp and dry with a bit of a bite to it.
2 - Grozet Gooseberry and Wheat Ale - 8/10 frosty mugs. You can definitely smell the berry in the bear. Had a thick head for a wheat beer.
3 - Abita Purple Haze - 7/10 frosty mugs. Decent for a fruit beer. The raspberry was a little too powerful. Masked the flavor of the beer.
4 - Westmalle Trappist Dubbel - 12/10 frosty mugs. Went down (too) easy. I could get used to that. A little expensive though. ($6 a bottle)
5 - Buffalo Bill Orange Blossom Cream Ale - 9/10 frosty mugs. Tastes like orange soda. Smells like orange soda. Those are both good things.
6 - Bell's Oatmeal Stout - 5/10 frosty mugs. Way too smokey. Tasted like I was drinking how a bonfire smells.
7 - Pocono Pale Ale - 8/10 frosty mugs. At $20 a case this is a great beer...considering it comes from the same brewery that brews Lionshead.
8 - Pennbrook Lager - 7/10 frosty mugs. Light for a lager. Smooth and easy to drink.
9 - Kirin Ichiban Special Premium Reserve - 7/10 frosty mugs. Sweet flavor. I would like to try more than one.

There were a few more I had that Jim brought over to the BBQ. I think he was trying to kill me because after I had this one beer that was in a short white bottle with no label I was hammered. I don't know if it was a barleywine or moonshine. All I do know is that it got me very drunk. So drunk that I burned my fingers on my grill.

All in all...an excellent weekend.

2 comments:

danmanband said...

The Pocono Pale Ale was pretty amazing and it's highly surprising that its made by the same brewers who did Lionshead. Is it available at most beer distributors?

M said...

Yes sir.

I got it at the distributor in the same parking lot as the Home Depot on Bmore Pike. They have a great selection there and decent prices.