Monday, August 20, 2007

Bishops Collar.

Saturday night a group of us went to the Bishops Collar in Fairmount for Madams birthday dinner.

Most places in Fairmount are tiny little hole in the wall type places that try to cram as many people into the smallest space possible, charge outrageous prices for mediocre food, and offer a crappy beer selection. This is not the case at the Bishops Collar. The place has ample seating and has seating for outdoor dining as well. The food was more than reasonably priced (not one item on the menu is more than $10) and the portions are generous.

We had a group of 8 and we didn't make reservations so I was a little nervous about not being seated right away. But as soon as we arrived we were ushered to our table and ordered our drink. Madams and I both got Yards I.P.A. (8/10 frosty mugs) Martha got a Blue Moon. Her drink came with a lemon slice as opposed to the typical orange slice which I thought was a bit odd.

I ordered the flank steam and provolone sandwich with fresh cut french fries. It was nice and sloppy with a ton of caramelized onions and at least 3 slices of provolone. The steak was tender and perfectly cooked. 8/10 growling stomachs. Martha got the turkey burger with brie cheese and roasted red peppers. I only had a bite of her sandwich but I liked what I tasted.

All in all I had a really good time here...largely in part to the great crowd of people I was with. So if you are in the Fairmount area (right down the street from Eastern State Penitentiary) Swing by the Bishops Collar for a cheap meal.

No comments: